Bunker Hill feels that dressing appropriately at school enhances the learning environment. Students are expected to follow the SBISD and Bunker Hill Dress Code Guidelines:
SBISD Dress Code Guidelines:
- Clothing should be neat and clean.
- Shoes or sandals must be worn. All students in grades PK–5 are required to wear tennis shoes for participation in health fitness classes. All other shoes, regardless of rubber soles or leather tops (saddle oxfords, deck shoes, top-siders, etc.), are not considered safe for health fitness activities.
- Clothing or grooming that, in the Principal's judgment, may cause disruption or interference with normal school operations is prohibited.
- Shoes with built-in wheels are not permitted.
- Clothing with obscene or distasteful slogans or that advertises tobacco, alcoholic beverages, drugs, or "gang insignias" is prohibited.
- Pants must be worn above the hip bone, with a belt if needed.
- Caps, bandanas, and colored beads may not be worn at school.
Bunker Hill Dress Code Guidelines:
- Students can wear shorts, but they must be at least fingertip length.
- Tennis shoes must be worn on days attending Health Fitness. Otherwise, shoes must have a back strap and covered toe.
- Students may not wear caps or hats except on special days. This guideline is for health purposes. Hats or caps are only permitted for health fitness and/or recess.
Parents will be notified and asked to bring a change of clothes to school that comply with the Bunker Hill Dress Code, if a student comes to school dressed inappropriately.